Re: debian-installer - using devfs in the installed system

* Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> [021208 22:48]:
> we discuss about devfs or not devfs in the installed system.
> we currently map any devfs path to the non devfs variant. the count of
> map definitions will grow if we want to support more special hardware.
> so the question is, why won't we use devfs on the installed systems?

devfs also seem to have some problems with some drivers. I remember a
situation in the local lug here, where a multi-serial-card did not
want to run together with devfs, even after some changes to the module's
source.

And after all, demanding a feature still having a "(EXPERIMENTAL)" after
it may not be the best practice.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)