Re: [cdebconf] slang frontend

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 03:59:08PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Martin Sjögren]
> > No, I can't see that happening...
>
> Why?  I would think it is enough to edit some config file or set some
> environment variable during boot to set the frontend.

Well, you have to actually *compile* the frontend too ;)

> > I can get stuff from the CD yes, no problems there... mkfs is
> > bugging a bit:
>
> There is something wrong with my freshly built d-i floppy.  I try to
> load udebs from the Skolelinux Debian/Woody based CD.  This used to
> work.
>
> I get as far as choosing retriever, chooses the cdrom-retriever, and
> then anna just exits back to the menu.  The floppy is available from
> <URL:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/debian-installer/snapshot/>,
> built ever 3 hour.  The build log is available from
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/build-d-i-log.txt.gz>.

Hmm. What's your value on mirror/distribution? If it's 'sarge', and
/cdrom/dists/sarge/main/debian-installer/binary-*/Packages doesn't exist,
I can see why it wouldn't work. :-)

> > If you like, I can put up my CD-building scripts on p.d.o when I get
> > home tonight (late), I don't have time right now...
>
> If you can make your patches against debian-cd, I could have a look to
> see what you changed.  I'm quite sure my problems are unrelated to the
> CD build, as this used to work just fine, and the CD build did not
> change at all.

Ah, I just build my own, highly unofficial and highly weird CD images with
just d-i and base on them (about 39M :)) which I use in vmware. Might be
useful for someone else too *shrug*

/Martin

--
Martin Sjögren