Re: Installation from USB CDROM/Floppy

Michael Ablassmeier wrote:
> i got some problems installing from a USB CDROM/Floppy Drive,

Do you know if your USB devices work with a stock 2.4 kernel ?

It seems the current support for USB Mass storage in 2.4 kernels
needs a bit of screwdriving for a lot of hardware. This mean adding entries
to drivers/usb/storage/unusual_devs.h.

When that works, after having loaded the relevant modules,
you should end up with a new device /dev/sda or /dev/scd0.
I am not sure how the kernel choose, so try both. Also try also /dev/sda1.

If it works it is great, since I will be able to install Debian from a
digital camera (which have 512Mb of storage) :)

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

There is no record of the ballombe@debian.org package, and no bugs have been