Re: [cdebconf] slang frontend

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 09:36:44AM +0100, Martin Sjögren wrote:
> tor 2002-11-28 klockan 01.41 skrev Denis Barbier:
> > > Did you manage to get it running from a floppy?  I would love to
> > > replace the text frontend with a better looking frontend. :-)
> >
> > I did not try yet.
>
> I can get it to run in vmware without problems, using the latest version
> of mklibs.py in the build makefile, it pulls in libslang and everything.

Do you mean replacing
  MKLIBS=mklibs
by
  MKLIBS=/usr/share/pgi/tools/mklibs.py
in build/Makefile?

I then got an error:
  reducing libc.so.6
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/pgi/tools/mklibs.py", line 355, in ?
      extra_flags = find_lib(os.getenv("ldlib"))
    File "/usr/share/pgi/tools/mklibs.py", line 168, in find_lib
      if os.access(path + "/" + lib, os.F_OK):
  TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
  make: *** [net-tree-stamp] Error 1

> However, as can be seen in the following screenshots:
>
> http://193.11.232.159:8080/di-slang-1.png
> http://193.11.232.159:8080/di-slang-2.png
>
> it looks horrible ;) Not because of the color scheme, I can live with
> that, although I think dialog looks better, but because we are lax about
> redirecting output from programs we run, *everything* should probably go
> to /var/log/messages or something.

Indeed, but in another file, e.g. /var/log/install.log
Scripts should also allow backing up, an example can be found in
  cdebconf/src/test/backup.config
I hope finishing the last bit of work about backing up tomorrow.

Denis