Re: Language selection: cdebconf and main-menu

>   * In cdebconf, implement this new X_SET_LANGUAGE command.
> Note that the language list is hardcoded in main-menu/language.c and not
> in languagechooser/debian/{postinst,templates}.  In fact, as language
> selection is driven by main-menu, I suggest not to add the languagechooser
> package and instead add its template under main-menu wings.

why do we need to implement a special command to do this?
this command is non-standard (not in the debconf spec)...  this seems
very much like a hack to me.

I'd rather have the language setting be read from the debconf database,
and have a mechanism to trigger cdebconf to re-read the debconf database
(e.g. when getting a SIGHUP). i remember there were some discussions
along the same lines some time ago.

will that do what you want?

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports