Re: debian-installer - netcfg: rewrite of netcfg-static

* Bastian Blank

| it needs some support from the other package:
| - new udeb for iproute (only the ip bin) or
| - ip plugin for busybox and

compiling busybox without ifconfig saves 4572 off the udeb.

Just compiling the ip command with -Os, stripping it and compressing
it turns out to take about 35k.

This means a net loss of 30k.  I'm not sure support for ipv6 is worth
it.. the ipv6 module for the 2.4.19 kernel (on i386) is 173k, so we
won't have room on the floppy.

Adding an ip applet to busybox might be easier, since I guess we won't
need all the fancy stuff in iproute.

| - register/unregister support for cdebconf

this is fixed.

| another change is up for discussion, rename netcfg-dhcp into
| netcfg-dynamic, because it is possible to configure ipv6 with dhcp6 (i
| don't know any programs for this) or with stateless address
| autoconfiguration which doesn't need further userspace support.

sounds fine with me.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-