Need help installing network driver

Forgive the cross-post but I think it's important that the
boot-floppy folks know about this installation difficulty.

I'm trying to install Debian on a Proliant DL360 server with Compaq's
built-in NC7780 gigabit-ethernet based on the Broadcom 5701 chip.

         the `bf24' kernel, the only option on the 3.0 CD that
         recognized the Smart Array 5i RAID controller.

Problem #1: Cannot get past the base system install because tasksel
            keeps looping at the prompt to mount CD #1.

Problem #2: There was no network driver that I could find on the 3.0
            Debian CDs that supports the Broadcom device.

            In researching the issue, I ran accross postings that reach
            the general conclusion that Broadcom's original driver is
            not good, e.g., < http://old.lwn.net/2002/0228/a/tigon.php3 >.
            The recommended alternative is the tg3 (Tigon3) driver.

Question: I have access to another fully-installed Debian system with a
          gcc compiler as well as these files from a Redhat 7.3 system:

            tg3.c  tg3.h  tg3.o

          Could someone please tell me the steps (details would be nice)
          that are necessary to prepare the above tg3 files into something
          that can be put onto a floppy disk and transported via sneakernet
          to the Catch-22 system?  Once I get network connectivity, I'll
          have a workaround to problem #1.

Suggestion: Could the boot-floppy maintainers please include the tg3
	    network driver in their future versions?

Thanks,
Andris Kalnozols
andris@hpl.hp.com