Re: patch to correct order of network setup items

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 08:45:23AM -0700, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> Attached are patches to ddetect and netcfg so that "configure network
> hardware" will appear in the menu before "setup dhcp networking" or
> "setup static networking", since the latter 2 can't be done until the
> former is complete.

Applied, together with the Makefile patch from the other message.

> Also, is the "retriever controller" which will let you select your
> retreiver, as discussed in retriever.txt, started yet?

I guess this is what anna does, but I'm also a d-i newbie.

> Also, do we have a cd retriever yet?

There seems to be a retriever/cdrom/ directory.

> Also, the error I got before about "can't locate module net-pf-1" is
> still occuring, so the network can't be set up. Is this just a module
> missing from the initrd?

Probably, but see the disclaimer above :)

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216