Boot floppy install issue

Hello,
   I have an IBM Thinkpad 755c with no CDRom, but i do have a pcmcia nic. I am trying to
do the floppy install from the internet. I down loaded the files,
rescue.bin
root.bin
kernel-config
driver-1.bin
driver-2.din
driver-3.bin
driver-4.bin

ntrawrite.exe

I have also partitioned my hard drive using fdisk, i have 1 primary and 1 extended
the primary is 5mb and the extended is about 505mb
I also formated the partitons.

i used ntrawrite from my Win2K computer and created the rescue and root disks on floppies.
and i inserted the rescue disk into the floppy drive and booted the laptop. it boots to the
introduction screen with "boot:" at the bottom. At this prompt i typed "rescue root=/dev/hda1"
and hit enter. the laptop begins to boot up and lots of type gos by then it stops with this error:

"cramfs: wrong magic
request_module[nls_cp437]: root fs not mounted
unable to load NLS charset cp437
request_module[nls_cp437]: root fs not mounted
unable to load NLS charset cp437
request_module[nls_cp437]: root fs not mounted
unable to load NLS charset cp437
request_module[nls_cp437]: root fs not mounted
unable to load NLS charset cp437
VFS: Mounted root (vfat filesystem) readonly.
freeing unused kernel memory:280k freed
warning: unable to open an initial console.
kernel panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel"

I am stuck here.

Thanks,
Sergio Herrera