Re: pcmcia-scheme - solved

Yes, please file a bug (IMO if in doubt a bug should be filed).  I'm
going to go out on a limb and say the probablem is probably with all
statically configured pcmcia installs.  I have personally done many
dhcp pcmcia install so I know that works.  It doesn't sound like the
3c589 is at the root of the problem.  Anyone care to confirm?

I have a dell c610 and a cisco airo pcmcia wireless card and dhcp and my network is never correctly setup when I boot. I made a little script as a workaround that does this:

/sbin/ifdown eth1
/sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid FOO
/sbin/iwconfig eth1 key LONGKEY
/sbin/ifup eth1

but I imagine that's different because it's wireless. Although, I configured my essid and key in wireless.opts, so I thought this had to do with pcmcia and networking starting up out of order.

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi