Re: debian-installer patch followup: tools/partkit/partkit.c

Martin Sjögren wrote:

+      ptr = partkit_get_devices(dev);

      client->command (client, "subst", "partkit/select_device", "choices",
		       ptr, NULL);
+      free(ptr);
+ /*FIXME: how to get a default device? */
      client->command (client, "subst", "partkit/select_device", "default",
		       ptr, NULL);

But you're still using ptr after it's been freed :-)

Damn! Didn't catch that. If I don't specify a default will debconf just select the first in the list? I think that's probably the best thing to do. If it doesn't, I'll just strchr for , and copy the first entry into another string.

Unless you want me to do some fancy partition type checking. In that case, should a device with windows partitions on it be default? ;)

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi