Root floppy question

Hi Enrique,

I'm really sorry to bother you but I'm really desperated and
hoping you would help me.

I'm trying to make a one-floppy-firewall.
It boots, kernel finds my root image on the floppy, loads it
and says:

VFS: mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 212k freed

that's all.

It does echo what I type, it reboots if I type Ctrl-Alt-Del
so the system is not dead but I don't get anything I expect.

But, big BUT if I put in my root filesystem in /lib
the libc.so.6 from woodie's root floppy (673036 bytes)
everything works as expected. But I need the "whole" libc,
your version doesn't have some functions.
Magic. Is there any way I could learn the secret? Can I buy it?
I'm not reach though ;-) I've spent every minute of my spare time
for several days now to make it work, no success.
It's so frustrating as you cannot see what's wrong and I don't
see any way to debug it.
I'm using busybox-0.60.3
If I mount -o loop my root-filesystem and then chroot there
I get shell and everything I can think of looks OK.
I even copied ldd into it and run it with all possible options
in the chroot-ed environment to catch libraies problems.
But the damm thing doesn't work.

I would be really thankful for any hint.

Regards,
Chris