Re: Problems installing debian on packard-bell

At 12:46 03/08/2002 +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> Roman Stawski wrote on Sat Aug 03, 2002 um 12:06:19PM:
>
> > CD1 with the 'bf24' method and CD5
> > 	A couple of loading XXX... messages are displayed followed by
> > 	'Uncompressing linux... OK booting the kernel', and then the
> > 	system freezes
>
> Try giving the "noapic" argument.

Doesn't seem to make any difference

> > The system I'm using has a quaint Packard-Bell keyboard (model 9201)
> > hooked onto the USB (which is why I tried bf24 and CD5). It has an
> > AMD Athlon processor and 128m of RAM.
>
> Did you enable the legacy keyboard emulation in BIOS? This may help with
> the default flavor.

Well I would if BIOS offered this option, but the closest it gets is
'USB device legacy support' and this is already enabled. I also tried
toggling the Plug'n'Play aware OS option without any joy.

FYI I have a Explorer mobo with (an apparently pruned-down) AMIBIOS.

> Gruss/Regards,
Wielen Dank

--
Roman Stawski