cdebconf and debian-installer compile

Hi,

I was trying to test debian-installer and I can't because of cdebconf
conflicting with debconf. I know I can compile it in /usr/local/ but I want
to use the real build systeme with .deb.

Can we have cdebconf, libcdebconf and libcdebconf-dev ?
Then, we could compile cdebconf-udeb and debian-installer with only
libcdebconf* installed.

And another question : what will be the default kernel for debian-installer
: 2.2.x or 2.4.x ? It's for debian-installer/tools/ddetect/lst/*.ids. We
can use discover's *.ids, but they use 2.2.x kernel module names. So ...