[Q] Adding something to bot floppies

Hi all,

   And sorry for still being far from this ML level... But I need to
add an accessibility executable file and its /etc config files to the
current boot floppies for Woody. I looked for documentation about how
they are built, and failed to find it. I tried to copy images and
watch into, but fs is not auto-recognized so I didn't see anything
from them. Last thing was to look in debian FTP directories (where I
got images), nothing to understand how to make customs (I don't say it
doesn't exist, but I didn't find it...).  The executable needs to
access one serial port.
   The machine to be boot like this would be installed this way first,
and I want the rescue process to work with this executable too. It may
be put on another floppy (if no free space is available on existing
boot ones), but should be available before any interactive stuff. I
may want to use those customized floppies to build bootable CDs (for
recovery or even install from CDs), but the first step is floppies
'cause some machines can't boot on CD.
   So, my need is big :-) Where can I obtain doc on the way rescue.bin
and root.bin for i385 are built and how to rebuild them ? The best
thing would be a "Customizing boot floppies HOWTO"...

Thank you for any tip - regards.

Boris