PCMCIA Message

Hello,

There has been a thread
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2002/debian-laptop-200206/msg0034
0.html> on debian-laptop the last few days about the wording of the
PCMCIA message towards the end of the Woody installation.  It says:

"It seems your system doesn't need PCMCIA.  It was installed with the
rest of the kernel, but can be removed now."

How does the installation seem to know that I don't need PCMCIA (and I
assume that this is talking about the pcmcia-cs package), but it says
"with the rest of the kernel" which confused me at first (did it mean
pcmcia kernel modules?).

With installing on a laptop from CD (in my case, I'm using the Mini-CD
from <http://www.psy.penn.edu/debian-cd>), and I connect to the Internet
using a mini-PCI NIC, so it's possible that the installer never even
knows that I have PCMCIA.  That might be the case, but the current
wording seems to indicate that the installer has tried and not detected
PCMCIA, and asks to remove it.  Is there a better method of detecting
PCMCIA, or just a better wording, maybe:

"You have not used PCMCIA at all during this installation.  Would you
like to remove the pcmcia-cs package now?"

I did a search on this list and I didn't see anything of relevance.  Am
I missing something?  Also, please CC me as I am not subscribed to this
list, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you!

Jeremy