help creating a special set of boot floppies

Hi.  I am a blind person who uses Debian.  I access the system with a hardware device for
speech output and a set of kernel patches called speakup to read the screen.  I am trying
to use the 2.4.18-bf2.4 version of the kernel.  Of course,
when I patch the kernel, it becomes to big for the floppy disk.  I have moved enough things
to modules to make room, but now I have a problem creating driver disks.

I can build the kernel using the kernel-package, but can't figure out how to create the
pcmcia modules package to match my kernel.
Would someone please tell me where to find documentation on creating a pcmcia modules
package?

I have the source for boot-floppies-3.0.23so I can build the official boot floppies.
If I understand what is happening, I need my special kernel package, and the pcmcia modules
package to match it.
Then, I would add my special package as a new flavor of kernel.

Is this all I need to do to create my special version of boot-floppies?  If not, what other
packages or modifications to the boot-floppies scripts will I need to do?

Thanks in advance for help.
          Kenny