Re: "for installation instructions see www.debian.org"

Oh and by the way, when we go to www.debian.org for installation
instructions, we might be getting information that is not appropriate
for the CD's at hand.  E.g. at www.debian.org I see instructions for
2.2 installation, but I have 3.0 CD's.  Therefore saying where to look
on the CD's themselves for installation instructions is important.

Dan> During woody installation I remember it says "for installation
Dan> instructions see www.debian.org".

Dan> You could also in addition say "or see /some/directory/html/ right on
Dan> this installation CD!", as 1. we might not want to make a phone call
Dan> to check instructions.  2. we might not even have a modem

we might be in an isolated rural laboratory, thinking that we had all
we needed with the 8 CD's before we arrived in camp.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780