Re: [d-i]: cdebconf safe to install? (newbie question)

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 05:32:12PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Colin Watson
> | The cdebconf package description has a warning that it will break
> | debconf if installed on a live system; per the fix for #83318, is this
> | still true, or can I go ahead and install it? If it will still break,
> | I'll put together a chroot.
>
> Works for me(tm).  (Though it's not used instead of debconf, which it
> probably should, eventually.)

OK, well ... debconf actually conflicts with cdebconf, so it looks like
I will have to set up a chroot unless and until that changes. I tried
hacking the debian-installer Packages file to make main-menu et al
depend on cdebconf-udeb instead, then copying in slang.so from cdebconf
proper, but that just segfaulted on 'make demo'. I'll need to
investigate some more, I think.