Re: Post-woody

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:31:32AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> I think we should move to debian-installer, even though it will take
> longer time to work out.  People want to do some new development, d-i
> is getting closer to working (as in actually being able to install
> systems in a mostly-reliable way) by the day and I don't think pushing
> boot-floppies for yet another iteration would be good at all.  IMO,
> that is.

getting closer to working... on i386? Or has it been tested on other arches
as well? I've never heard much about d-i other than the commit messages.
Just speaking for myself here, but I think it has never been tested on m68k,
and we do not want to get rid of our oldest port just yet, do we?
;-)

If you think its semi-usable, maybe you could send some instructions on what
to check out, special build instructions, usage documentation, estimated
build time, ... I would give it a shot in a free moment.

Christian