Re: Loop during install

Quoting Chris Tillman <tillman@voicetrak.com>:

> On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 02:29:00PM -0700, Jean-Michel Besnard wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I am installing woody on a mac.
> > I boot with a netinst CD I generated and burned. Then I install with
> http.
> >
> > It asks me the question for the time zone configuration, then for the
> password setup and again for the time configuration setting and so on in
> loop.
> >
> > Any clue ?
> >
> > JM
>
> Oh, you must have gotten it to see the hard disk? Great!

Unfortunately not, it was on another mac :(
Also, I noticed that base-config in the iso I have generated yesterday with the mini-iso.sh script is a version 1.33.13.
Quite old when the current is .17 (.18 for sid).

I have tried some stuff to stop the loop an d finally did a chmod -x in the directory wher the script were located.
This has finished the install in 1 sec ! :)
So, just the base is installed. I had to finish the install 'with my hands'.
The system is now up and running.

For the mac with SCSI, I still dont get what is wrong. As it has worked with mandrake, I am sure the hardware is supported by the kernel.

If this helps :
when I switch to a shell and dmesg|grep -i scsi, I get
SCSI subsystem driver Revision 1.00
Request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
Request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted

I believe the default kernel does not support my SCSI controller.
As I have Debian now running on another mac, I could compile a kernel that fits
 my needs, but I dont know how to incorporate it to the linux.bin loader.

JM