Re: 3.0.23 for mips/i386 Was: boot-floppies manual

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 05:57:10PM -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 02:36:29AM +0200 wrote:
> > I have just
> > tried to use the 3.0.22 floppys on i386 (The normal ones) which are
> > broken too - The DOS gfx/line characters i
> is that the same bugs as:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=142305&repeatmerged=yes
> ?

Sounds like it

> > are not displayed and in some
> > occasions the screen gets garbled completely which requires some
> > experience on how to continue (Either by knowing ctrl-l works or by
> > knowing how many steps with cursor keys to do to continue)
>
> Can you be more specific?  Has a bug been filed?

It seems some stings seem to be of different length then they used to
be which causes some input widgets to be garbled and difficult to
navigate through as real strings get overwritten - This is only from
memory - Its a couple of hours since the install - I will retry tomorrow
morning to give an exact description - I was able to navigate through
everything - but i am a long term debian user and have probably seen the
installer a couple of hundret times and know whats going on. But the
garbled output looks like completely broken and unusable and should be
fixed for woody ASAP as this will be a major issue in "the papers" about
the new debian release.

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium