Boot Floppys

Gentlemen/Ladies,

Have in the past run both Woody and Sid by installing Potato and dist-upgrading my way to completion.

I d/l and tested both net-install boot floppies, bf2.4 and standard (2.2.20).

In both cases I, ended up with an installed system with no video. Running XF86config and re-setting the paramaters, had no effect.

The bf2.4 attempt recognized the problem, and referred me to a screen depicting the vid card, monitor, mouse, etc, but I was unable to change any settings in that layout.

Monitor= KDS 17, Mbr= Asus K7vt (slotA Athlon900), VIdcard=Gforceddr, memory=512,

The above combo, has successfully used Most commercial Debian dists. (Libranet, (currently). Also Progeny, Storm, Slack, Mandrake,
Conectiva, Redhat(briefly) etc. (I consider it a Linux-Box.)

The drive (And computer for the most part.) has been running Libranet, woody, and sid for quite some time with no difficulty.

I d/l the net-install images, wiped the partitions, and tried both iso disk (bf2.4 and 2.2.20) with the above results.

I am suspecting the 4.10 XF86 packages but at this point it is just a gut feeling.

Sorry that I could not offer more hard data as to what is going on.

Best Wishes,

Daniel Burns