Re: Bochs can be helpful for bootdisk testing

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:49:46AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> My needs are a bit eccentric ;-)
>
> I'm more interested in the process than in the final result, as the
> product I'm looking for is the screen shots of each step along the path to
> a completed installation.

If this is all you need, try UML instead.  There will be no framebuffer
stuff, but I should think that a basic text console would be enough for your
purposes.  Contact me if you need any assistance in this area, and see my
other message in this thread.

> I'm mildly interested in getting the Ethernet connection working, so I can
> test the network install, but without help I'm probably not up for it,
> even though it appears from bochs list traffic that this is possible.

This should be significantly simpler under UML than bochs.

--
 - mdz