Re: Compaq cciss

All,

As of my last test, using the 2.4 boot cd from people.debian.org/~blade/... I was able to do a "normal" install on both a Compaq ML370 and a DL380. Both worked just like you would expect! GREAT!

There were a lot of packages that needed to be updated and tested to get the cciss support working but after a couple of months (I think) all is working just fine.

Hope this helps,
Loren

At 12:30 AM 4/11/2002 -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> maybe you remember: some weeks (or months) I've emailed you... I
> wanted to help out with Debian and cciss support for the Installer....
>
> too sad... my time is spare at the moment (I will marrie in may and
> there is A LOT to prepare)
congratulations :-)

>  and I wasn't able to finish my work. On DWN
> I've read that you've uploaded a new release and this will be the
> release that will be used for woody. Seems that I was too slow :-(

Have no fear, I think cciss support has been added (from
boot-floppies/debian/changelog 3.0.20):

  * Dirk Lipinski <dlipinski@gmx.de>
    - provided patch to support CCISS devices. In conjunction with bf2.4, we
should go fine with it. Will close #134233, #132864 when MAKEDEV support
      is ready and we can create the devices. Same applies for
      debootstrap.

Am I missing something?  Is it not working (in which case a bug should
be filed)?

> ok, but I guess that my work could do into a later release. So, I just
> wanted to ask one question.....   If I create the devices under
> /dev/cciss on the 1.44 MB boot floppy (no matter what flavour), I get
> an out-of-space error. What would you prefer:
>

> o no compaq cciss support for the 1.44 MB Images (so only for the 2.88
> MB - I guess these are the images that are used for the El Torito
> bootable CD's)
>
> o or just create a new flavour of the boot-floppies ("-compaq" for
> example)

I'm forwarding to the list, I'm not sure what the current state of
cciss support is.

-David