Re: aic7896n, phoenix bios, apic

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> Did you never get problems with other operating systems?

It's new hardware.

> Did you try other 2.2.x kernels?

I did try other kernels/distros. RH 6.2 installs Ok, it has apic
enabled. RH 7.x boots its installer, but then goes on to install
a kernel w/o apic support, so it leaves the system unbootable.

I tried dropping back to aic7xxx_old for the scsi driver, but even
that fails if io-apic isn't forced on.

> Did you try to upgrade the BIOS.

Yes, one of my colleagues brought the BIOS up to date. The new BIOS
did not solve the problem.