Re: aic7896n, phoenix bios, apic

#include <hallo.h>
Matt Kraai wrote on Thu Apr 11, 2002 um 10:14:54AM:

> > or a floppy image with a kernel with apic compiled in, so you can turn
> > it on with a lilo boot pramater? Or both?
>
> Please file a wishlist bug against the kernel package being used
> (i.e., kernel-image-2.4.18-bf2.4).

It is too late. If I change it at this point, we would have to add the
"noapic" option to boot arguments (so a new boot-floppies build). And
no, I did not hear about any system where the absence of this feature
can break something.
Did you never get problems with other operating systems?
Did you try other 2.2.x kernels?
Did you try to upgrade the BIOS.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"stupidity should be painful"    (Neil C. Obremski)