Re: translations too long for woody-i386-1.raw

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:15:52PM +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> I don't know if it is the correct list since my bugs are related to the
> french translation (but may happen in other translations).

This is the right list (though you may want to copy
debian-l10n-french).

> The french translation of the screen "S?lectionnez le point de montage"
> (select mount point) is problematic. The tranlation for the third line
> (partition_config.c:689) is "Donn?es variables comme les bases de donn?es
> ou les files d'attente de courriel.". As you can see the sentence is
> long. All I see is:
>    ": Donn?es variables [...] de courrie"
>
> I am missing the important beginning containing (I suspect) the point
> point /var.
>
> I have the same problem with bootconfig.c:2506. I just see:
>    "ev/hda1: Installer sur dans ... d?marrage."
> (note there is a mistake in the translation)

Here is the relevant section of fr.po:

#. TRANS: keep this under one line (about 63 characters)
#: bootconfig.c:2503
msgid "Install LILO in the MBR (use this if unsure)."
msgstr "Installer dans le (MBR) (utiliser ceci en cas de doute)"

#. TRANS: keep this under one line (about 63 characters)
#: bootconfig.c:2506
msgid "Install LILO in the boot partition's boot sector."
msgstr "Installer sur dans la partition de démarrage du secteur de démarrage."

#. TRANS: keep this under one line (about 63 characters)
#: bootconfig.c:2509
msgid "Install LILO in the root partition's boot sector."
msgstr "Installer sur dans la partition racine du secteur de démarrage."

I assume you mean that `sur' should be dropped from the latter
two.  Right?

Matt