Re: b-f 3.0.22 on hppa, screen drawing problem

Hi,
  I rebuilt with newt and whiptail -9.6 versions.  It help with one of
my problems; note there is no dependancy on that version in b-f source,
and it is not yet in woody.

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 02:22:07PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Richard Hirst <rhirst@linuxcare.com> writes:
>
> >   Just built 3.0.22 for hppa, and tried an install in French.  When I
> > formatted my second partition, and it put up the dialog asking me where
> > I wanted to mount it (/boot, /usr, etc), that dialog was drawn over the
> > previous one.  I selected /boot, and the next dialog was draw over the
> > top again, giving me the main menu with bits of the "where do you want
> > to mount" one showing at either side.

This problem still occurred, I guess it is related to the very long
description of /var in French.

> > Subsequent dialogs cleared properly.  The next problem was that the
> > screen where I should select which modules I want to load didn't
> > actually list any modules.  Just had the 'exit' option.  This seems to

This was fixed, as Junichi suggested it should be.

I guess I don't need to file any bugs, as work is underway to shorten
the long translated strings (judging for the other m-l traffic).

Should I upload a 3.0.22.0.1 for hppa, wait for 3.0.23, or just live
with the remaining problem for now?

Cheers,
  Richard