Re: weith respect to the xf86 configuration

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 07:51:33PM +0000, nick wrote:

> 	I don't know if this issue ios relevant but I have spent all day trying
> to install debain on one of my primary partitions and so far have
> succeeeded beautfully. When however I try to configure my video card it
> will nor recognise it. I do not have the make at prsent and will lok ofr
> it, but it would appear that some drivers are lacking. I use a Time
> computer.

I don't recognize this. What is the output of 'cat /proc/cpuinfo'?

> 		I have tried to use the generic video driver as offered by the setup,
> but the problemn seems to be the writing to disk of the /etc/xf86/config
> directory, when the program tries to do this it fails.I trust you know
> what fileI refer to.

Exactly what is happening when it fails, and what are the error messages you
see, or that are recorded in /var/log/XFree86.0.log? Which version of debian
are you installing?

> 		Are there a set of drivers i coulkd use, inn thr distribution set,
> that would enable video card tpo be recognised. Is it possible to set up
> the xf86 configuration from the consol after writing the config file to
> disk.

You can edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config with a text editor such as nano in
the console.