weith respect to the xf86 configuration

	I don't know if this issue ios relevant but I have spent all day trying
to install debain on one of my primary partitions and so far have
succeeeded beautfully. When however I try to configure my video card it
will nor recognise it. I do not have the make at prsent and will lok ofr
it, but it would appear that some drivers are lacking. I use a Time
computer.
		I have tried to use the generic video driver as offered by the setup,
but the problemn seems to be the writing to disk of the /etc/xf86/config
directory, when the program tries to do this it fails.I trust you know
what fileI refer to.
		Are there a set of drivers i coulkd use, inn thr distribution set,
that would enable video card tpo be recognised. Is it possible to set up
the xf86 configuration from the consol after writing the config file to
disk.
	many thanks for yopur help and attention to this,
		Nick