Re: Installing Debian on a remote server (without physical access)

"Morten W. Petersen" <morten@thingamy.net> cum veritate scripsit:

> I've created & formatted a new partition for the Debian installation,
> and I'm now wondering how to install & configure the base system so
> that the box can be rebooted and upon reboot run (a very basic)
> Debian with ssh access.

extract the base system, chroot inside the base system,
massage some files (network-related config files, password files etc.)
and configure the kernel.

However, if you fail, it wouldn't boot back. So it is always advisable
to do installs locally if possible.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4