Re: Still unable to 'Initialize a Linux Partition' with bf 3.0.21

Hi Colin

> On Sat, 2002-03-16 at 18:32, Andreas Wüst wrote:
>> I wonder about this, because the 'Initialize..' part worked perfectly well
>> with an 2.4.9 apus kernel (but this isn't much use to me, as 2.4.9 doesn't
>> support dhcp, and so I can't install the rest of the system after the
>> reboot *snif*).
>
> By "2.4.9 doesn't support dhcp", I'm assuming you mean it was compiled
> without CONFIG_FILTER or CONFIG_PACKET; I'll look into fixing that if
> so.

Yep, exactly. But Michel had already uploaded a dhcp enabled kernel, the
latest 2.4.17 kernel to say.

I just can't imagine that compiling those network options broke the ability to
initialize a partition..

Either it has something to do with the kernel itself (2.4.9 vs. 2.4.17), or
its surroundings (whatever that may be, kernel detection on installer system,
compiler options, etc.)

> Anyways, have you tried diffing the .configs between the 2.4.9 apus
> kernel and your 2.4.17 kernel?

Nope! What should I be looking for?

I am now going to file a bug against bf's, as Chris advised me.

--
Thanks for your answer,
Andi