Still unable to 'Initialize a Linux Partition' with bf 3.0.21

Hi

I've already reported this problem with bf-3.0.19 to both of these lists. On
linux-apus-devel I was told this would be a kernel issue, but on debian-boot, Chris told
me it would be a dbootsrap issue and should be fixed.

Today I've downloaded the root.bin from http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/3.0.21-2002-03-13/apus/images-1.44/
Adam built and replaced the 3.0.19 root.bin in the apus/images-1.44/ folder with the new one. Still
using the 2.4.17 apus kernel.

But, unlucky me, nothings seems to have changed, the bug still appears,
and so I still can't Initialize a Linux partition.

I've quoted myself in the following lines just to give a short overview over the
problem itself:

> [First thing is,] that it is not possible to execute the point "Initialize a
> Linux Partition". After selecting this point in the menu, the screen goes
> white, and the installer system restarts!
>
> On console 3 I could read:
>
>    Mar 3 ... (none) user.info init: Process '/sbin/udbootstrap' (pid 140) exited. Scheduling it for restart
>
>    Mar 3 ... (none) user.info init: Starting pid 146, console /dev/console: '/sbin/udbootstrap'

Here I have to say that it now also didn't want to work with a virgin disk
without an already valid root partition (but of course already partitioned
from the AmigaOS side).

I wonder about this, because the 'Initialize..' part worked perfectly well with an
2.4.9 apus kernel (but this isn't much use to me, as 2.4.9 doesn't support dhcp, and so I can't install
the rest of the system after the reboot *snif*).

I hope you can see my dilemma: kernel 2.4.9 is the only one which supports my
NIC and I can 'Initialize...', but it doesn't support DHCP. 2.4.17 does support my NIC and DHCP, but I
can't 'Initialize...'..

ps: Why are the driver-1.bin and rescue.bin files in .../apus/images-1.44/ still built, although
they doesn't seem to be needed?

pps: Does the new color of the selection bar really have to be red? It gives a
very bad contrast with the underlying text. Lucky me I've already tried to
install debian that much that I can recall the selection lines from my mind.

And oh, concerning the ongoing 'malformed release file' discussion: I very often
got this message in the last few weeks (when I've been trying to install with
other kernels than 2.4.17, but, as I said, no success with them, because of
the lacking dhcp support..)!!

--
Thanks for any idea, kind regards,
Andi