VME PPC booting (was: boot-floppies 3.0.21 for testing)

Adam Di Carlo writes:
 > I have uploaded sparc and powerpc builds of boot-floppies 3.0.21 for
 > testing at:
 >   http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/

Hmm. I have troubles with my Motorola MVME23xx card. When the
bootfull.bin goes into the boot floppies Debian installation session,
the serial console output only has short bursts of a few characters at
a time, and it takes an unacceptably long time to paint a dialog

I notice some instructions about PReP "bootargs". Setting that in the
firmware does not seem to be noticed by the Linux kernel when it

I had to compile my own kernel for the MVME 23xx - it and some notes
on its use are at:

That information might find its way into the Release notes, or
Installation guide, or as appropriate for getting Debian installed on
PReP style VME cards.

I joined the debian-boot mailing list, maybe I can help with some more