Unidentified subject!

Hello,

I'm attempting to install Debian on a pc for the first time (vanilla flavour). I downloaded the latest version from your site.

I'm having trouble with the creation of a boot floppy after going through the rest of the installation with no problems. The installation program goes through each cylinder and head of the disk formatting and then verifying until it gets to cylinder 79 or 80 and then jumps to a dialog entitled 'Problem'...

"Creation of the boot floppy failed. Please make sure that the foppy was not write-protected,..." - it isn't

"...and that you put in the first drive..." - I did

"...Try another floppy if the problem persists." - tried several.

Is this a standard problem?
Am I being daft?
Do you need more info in order to help?

Your help would be greatly appreciated,