boot floppy test

Test of boot floppies on Alpha PC164 with SRM.

rescue and root loaded fine, got me to "configure the keyboard",
at which time I conluded the test was over and pushed reset.

However, I first tried using "dd" on an unformatted floppy,
and it did not work.  I then looked for "fdformat", it is
not available in "potato" Debian 2.2r3.  The only thing
available for formatting floppies was something that required
"gnome".  I should not have to have gnome just to format
a floppy.

Thanks,

Donald Daniel