Re: localising base-config - end game

[Phil Blundell]
> I don't think setting a system-wide default locale is within the
> boot-floppies remit at this time.

I agree.

> As to the extract_base.c patch: it's kind of tempting to say that
> locales should just be installed by default.  Those who want the
> disk space more than the i18n can remove it manually during dselect
> or after installation.

I agree to this as well, but I do not get to decide this.

> I certainly don't think there is any point questioning whether the
> second-stage installer should use the same language as the first -
> you can assume the answer to that will always be yes.

Making sure the first and second stage use the same language is my
goal as well.  But I want to make sure a language list can be used
instead of a single language setting. I hope the changes will be small
enough to get accepted in Woody.