Re: localising base-config - end game

[Anthony Towns]
> I'm not really happy with this. Adding random new features to
> boot-floppies right now is a very very bad idea. Our goals right now
> are to make sure what we've currently got works for doing installs
> on all architectures, not making stuff more elegant, and whatever.

Well, I need some of these changes for the Skolelinux project.  If the
changes are not acceptable in Debian, it would sad for both me and
Debian, but I would have to make the changes in my version anyway.

I believe it is better do discuss these changes in public and try to
get them included as part of Debian so both Skolelinux and Debian can
gain from the changes.

> Adding new features adds bugs, which cause inordinate delays. They
> are not worth it anymore. Not for _anything_.

Yes, it is a risk, but I must take that risk.  The Debian project can
choose not to.

> That trailing '}', eg, doesn't have a corresponding '{' if
> USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER is unset.

My suggested patch avoids this coding problem.