Re: b-f one-liner needs translating

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 22:52, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Yes, in debian-italian we were talking about many possible solutions and
> we pointed to this as the best solution. The second best solution is to
> create a disk per language/country.

I don't think there is any possibility of this happening with the
official disk sets.  Obviously you can create your own single-language
localised builds of the boot-floppies (in fact, you have been able to do
this for a long time).

> The second solution will of course
> require some more space but could be really powerfull including in the
> single disk not only the language but also good defaults for the
> character set, the locale and the keyboard.

This should be possible with LANGUAGE_CHOOSER too.  I think patches
exist for those things, they just aren't integrated yet.

p.