Re: 3.0.19 installation report on i386

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 08:22:42PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:

> ppoeconf is missing from the basedebs (bug already filed). Since ppp is part
> of base, (can't fit in the installer system), you can't use ppp to install;
> basedebs is really only there for modem and ppp users. Once pppoeconf is
> added to basedebs, you would be all right, yes?

I am alright, because I could configure pppoe by-hand (by looking at/copying
the files from my old install on the same box). I am not sure if I have used
pppoeconf before, its not installed in my other partition. So if you know
what to do, you can get the system up without pppoeconf, but I guess it will
be easier with pppoeconf. And if the installer give you hints on how to set
up for pppoe (ie the eth0 vs ppp0 issue), this should be doable for new
users as well. I did not have to do any further cheating, I only needed the
two floppy images and basedebs.tgz to set up the box and get it online!

Christian