Re: makiing boot-floppies in a clean chroot

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> cum veritate scripsit:

> trying in the same clean sid chroot (updated as of yesterday sometime)
> with a fresh CVS checkout, everything seems to be going along fine.
>
> now, how long is it going to be before b-f builds against woody? i'm
> assuming that this is some variant of a release-criteria.

I've noticed that newt will take |20 days to install to testing, if
it doesn't have any bugs, and goes through the usual route.

> when are we going to freeze the boot-floppie dependencies? i know that
> it's up to aj as to when the freeze proceedes, but isn't b-f somewhere
> in base? or do we get special casing?

It's already in "freeze" in one sense. We can only freeze everything
when we know that b-f is in a working shape.

> woody chroot was never happy with make check, until yesterday. but it
> is unhappy again today.

So if woody chroot gets happy now, it probably means there's a
bug in check scripts.

> looks like slang1-utf8-pic and libnewt-utf8-pic are the unhappy campers.
> (this is for i386)
>
> sid + whiptail + libnewt-utf8-0 libnewt-utf8-dev libnewt-utf8-pic
> is not happy. since whiptail wants libnewt0, which conflicts with the
> rest.

whiptail-utf8 is the one required to be installed, not whiptail.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4