Re: ide-scsi as default

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 11:31:25AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Would anyone mind if we use the ide-scsi driver instead of ide-cd
> as-default on the bf2.4 flavor? Additionaly, I suggest to put ide-scsi
> in the first lines into default /etc/modules file, so it is loaded first
> when the user changes to Xu's kernel-image package.
>
> So, any good reasons against it? If no, I will go ahead and change the
> defaults.

Presumably ide-cd will still be available after installation (ide-scsi
has given me trouble with audio CDs before now). I often have one or
more drives using each driver.

Is "Probe all LUNs" turned on in the boot-floppies build? If so,
that's a problem, because it seems to interact badly with ide-scsi,
otherwise no objections.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK