Re: bootfloppies on DECstation 5000/125

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 06:21:59PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> I've just tested the boot floppies. System is a DS 5000/125
> with serial keyboard LK401AA attached, 16MB RAM.
>
> 1. Booting via graphical console (PMAGB-B) results in an Oops
> in default_be_board_handler().
> 2. Booting via serial line, I get as far as formatting the
> freshly partitioned 3.1GB HDD:
[SNIP]
> Writing inode tables:  1/22
> Could not write 8 blocks in inode table starting at 33212: Attempt to
> write bloc k from filesystem resulted in short write
>
> The system freezes here, without an Oops:-(

Looks like the kernel has a general problem on R3000-based machines.
Unfortunately I do not own a working and supported R3k box, so I can
only do the tests on my 5000/150 (which is exactly the same machine
as the 5000/125, just with an R4000 CPU board instead of the R3000
board in the 5000/125).
I have done nearly 30 test installations with varying setups (both
framebuffer and serial console) on it and have not experienced
any freezes or oopses.

Martin, what is your experience with your 5000/125 after we got
your problem with the cursor keys resolved?

Regards,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>