Re: mount question 2.4 rescue.bin

#include <hallo.h>
Nancy Davis wrote on Thu Feb 14, 2002 um 01:48:34PM:
> failed: No such device
>
> The mount command I'm using is
>
> mount -t nfs ourhost:/some/path /instmnt

There is no nfs support in the kernel itself. You have to install the
modules and load nfs first. I will try to include NFS support in
the next kernel-image release.

> Okay - so that doesn't work.  When I use the http method of grabbing
> rescue.bin and drivers.tgz, I receive only the 2.2.xx kernel version

What do you mean with 2.2.xx kernel version? I see

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/bf2.4/

among other flavors.

> (Pointing the http get to the bf2.4 directory yields an error in locating
> images-1.44 - a hard-coded path.)

You should not point exactly to this locations, debootstrap chooses the
subdirectory automaticaly.

> I would really like to install directly to a 2.4 kernel.  Is there a way
> to split the drivers.tgz file to a usable form?  Just using Unix split doesn't

Err, there are prepared 1.4meg disks. If you use split, installer won't
accept it.

> work....there must be some other magic involved in creating the driver-{1-4}.bin
> diskettes.

Exactly, I helper application is used while building the driver disks.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Defaults sind dazu da von DAUs ignoriert zu werden und damit die
Support-Stellen (aka #debian.de) zu verwirren.