Re: Boot-floppies 3.0.19 question

On Thursday 14 February 2002 01:46 pm, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 15:34, Ian Eure wrote:
> > Hello. I maintain the unofficial Debian woody netinst CD image. When I
> > built new images against b-f 3.0.19 earlier this week, I was very
> > surprised to see that the installer no longer supports downloading the
> > base .debs from a Debian mirror, and now requires them on some sort of
> > local media.
>
> Do you mean downloading individual .debs via HTTP?  I did a test install
> of 3.0.19 new-powermac on powerpc yesterday over HTTP, and it worked
> correctly.  What architecture and flavor were you testing?

Yes. I was using the default flavor on i386... It asks for the path on the
install CD where it can find a Release file or a basedebs.tar file. It seems
to completely skip the screen where you selected the the install media, as I
no longer have the option to install via http/ftp/nfs... It just asks me to
install from the CD.