Re: Trying to fix slang

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:36:47PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > Packages using slang, like "jed" should be aware that this
> > change has happened.
>
> You mean they should work correctly without no changes, right?

Previously, you needed to define UTF8 (only) when compiling for
slang1-utf8; if you didn't (or if the wrong library was installed
due to the faulty diversion), things silently broke.  His change
enforces this define, and things won't build if it's not set.

I did suggest he remove this requirement altogether, but he seems to
prefer to leave a half-fix in place, expecting the package maintainer to
finish it.  (Judging by the length of time these RC bugs sat around, this
probably means it'll never be fixed.)

I don't think this affects anything not already building for
slang1-utf8; to them, the only change is that the drop-in utf8
diversion is no longer available.

--
Glenn Maynard