Re: Trying to fix slang

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 11:56, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> I don't think this affects anything not already building for
> slang1-utf8; to them, the only change is that the drop-in utf8
> diversion is no longer available.

The "drop-in" diversion was always a fiction in any case, because
SLsmg_Char_Type changed size when UTF-8 was enabled.  There isn't any
way to fix this and retain compatibility.  Post woody, migrating to a
four-byte SLsmg_Char_Type everywhere (ie making the "utf-8" libraries
the default) seems like the right answer, but I don't think we want to
embark on that exercise at this point in the game.

p.