Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/tools/udpkg by tfheen

* Michael Bramer

| On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:46:53PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
|
| > It's not that easy.  udpkg gets them from /var/lib/dpkg/status .  That
| > is built onto the boot disk.  anna downloads the Packages file from
| > from the above URL and merges it into the status file.
|
| only a hint: With this the Package file will be big...

Uhm, no.  It's _udpkg_ and it uses the files from debian-installer (so
there will only be like < 100 packages in total).  anna will have to
download only the selected language, though there isn't a
languagechooser in d-i, yet.  I have one written, can commit that if
anyone wants it.

| > nope.  udpkg doesn't care about Packages files.  adding support for
| > that to anna shouldn't be too hard, though.
|
| IMHO Description-$LANG files (only with the tags 'Package:' and 'Version'
| (or better only 'MD5sum:') with the 'Description-$LANG:') is the best
| solution.

Well, udpkg doesn't care about that, so support for those will have to
be merged into anna.  That might be sane to do, though.

(And afaik, d-i doesn't want the md5sum field either)

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.