Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/tools/udpkg by tfheen

* Michael Bramer

| On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 08:17:57AM -0800, Debian Boot CVS Master wrote:
| > Repository: debian-installer/tools/udpkg
| > who:        tfheen
| > time:       Wed Jan 23 08:17:57 PST 2002
| > Log Message:
| >
| >   Add support for Localized package descriptions
|
| I see this message and I have some questions:
|  - the install get the descriptions from
|     debian/dists/sid/main/debian-installer/binary-i386/Packages[.gz]
| ?

s/\[\.gz\]//g;, at least ATM.

It's not that easy.  udpkg gets them from /var/lib/dpkg/status .  That
is built onto the boot disk.  anna downloads the Packages file from
from the above URL and merges it into the status file.

|  - If I understand the change in the right way, this file have only new
|    tags (like Description-de, Description-fr, ...) with the translated
|    description. Right?

yep.

|  - Or did the installer support Packages-$LANG[.gz] files with only
|    translated Descriptions (with the 'Description-$LANG' tag)?

nope.  udpkg doesn't care about Packages files.  adding support for
that to anna shouldn't be too hard, though.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.